1) Rentific will disclose how we use the information we collect;
2) Rentific will allow you to limit or restrict our use of your information;
3) Rentific will allow you to tell us to not give your information to others; and
4) Rentific will allow you to change or correct information we have collected about you that might be erroneous.
The principles above will be in effect if we collect information from you in digital or paper form.
Rentific may collect and process information about you:
1) When you fill out an Online form, application or submit due diligence information to us. This includes but is not limited to: registration data that we collect to use Rentific, establishing and engaging in a transaction, establishing and engaging in recurrent transactions, requesting services of any other nature and when reporting problems with the Rentific Website.
2) Anytime you contact Rentific for any reason whatsoever, Rentific may keep a record of that correspondence whether it be written, verbal, or otherwise communicated.
3)When you fill out a survey for quality improvement purposes or any other purpose. Responding to these surveys may be optional.
4) Specific details of your transactions may also be recorded.
5) Your fulfillment of Rentific completing the transaction may be recorded.
Details of your visit to the Rentific website may be recorded. This includes your traffic data, location data, web-logs, etc. and any other data relevant to your visit and activity.
7) When you initiate a transaction on the Rentific website we collect information relating to your finances, credit card, debit card, checking account, or bank account details.
8) If for verification purposes you may be required to submit additional information, we reserve the right to request proof of identification in an offline format such as: passport, driver’s license, utility bill, company information, or other items we deem necessary to establish identity, residence, or place of business. Any document proof may be stored electronically on our servers in accordance with regulatory or legal obligations.
9)In order to prevent fraud, establish your identity or for audit purposes, we may track your IP address, computer information, access times, session login and logout information or other data relating to use of Rentific services.
10) Competitions, events and Online activities not related to rent payment may be available occasionally on Rentific.com. Your participation in these events or activities is not required. However, if you do participate in these activities, you may be asked for some personal information. You will be notified if you do participate in the activity how your information will be used and who has access to your information.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address(es), operating system(s) and browser type(s), for system administration, to perform fraud and risk checks, and for report information internally or with any partners. This information we collect and compile will not have any personal information in it and is used to determine activity on the Rentific website, specifically usage patterns and browsing activity. We will not sell or rent the information collected to third parties to be used for marketing purposes or any other activity.
Cookies are computer files, usually a string of numbers and letters, that is stored on your hard-drive. Every time your computer accesses the Rentific website, this information is sent to Rentific to allow us to identify your browser and improve your experience using Rentific. This cookie also allows us to deliver a personal experience. Specifically we use these a cookie for the following:
1) Estimate our audience and their usage patterns.
2) To store information about you, so that when you access the Rentific website we know your preferences.
3) To serve you web pages faster from our server (it helps when our computers know about you).
4) To recognize you when you visit and return to Rentific.com
There are two types of cookies, "session" and "persistent" cookies. Session cookies are used each time you log in and are deleted when you log out. Persistent cookies are stored on your hard-drive in between time when you log onto Rentific. You can delete these cookies, however this might prevent you from using some parts of the Rentific website. You can delete these cookies at any time on your computer.
"Click-through URLs" are links that pass through our server to a final destination. We may monitor or track the usage of these URLs to better your experience on the Rentific website.
Certain pages on our site may contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, and the type of browser used to view the page. We use log files to store the data that is collected through web beacons. These files enable us to learn which advertisements bring users to our web site. The cookie on your Web browser was placed by us, or by another advertiser who works with us. With both cookies and web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
Please be aware that Rentific is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We consider it important that users read the privacy statements on websites that they visit. We encourage this activity with our users, and be aware of how other websites use personally identifiable information.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Encryption may be employed to protect your information on our servers. When you have been given (or when you have chosen) a password that enables you to access our service or engage with our customer service team, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
Transmission of information on the Internet is not completely secure regardless of precautions taken. While unfortunate, we cannot guarantee the security of your data and information transmitted to our website. We employ the best security measures possible, however to transmit information to our website over the Internet is at your own risk. Once your information is on our server, we use the best security features available and strict security protocols to prevent unauthorized access to your information.
We use information and data about you in the following ways:
1) To maximize the content presentation of our website to you and your computer.
2) To provide smooth interaction between you and customer support
3) To provide you with information about additional services, third party or otherwise, that might be of interest to you.
4) To fulfill and carry out any obligations we have arising from contracts between you and us as a renter or you and us as a landlord/property owner.
5) To allow you to engage in any interactive features of our website or service
6) To notify you about any changes to our service(s)
7) To allow Rentific to perform due diligence regarding identity confirmation of you or a property owner/landlord, and to reduce the amount of chargebacks and fraud in our system
8) To build models to assist in the detection and screening of users for the purpose of identifying fraudsters and preventing fraud and minimizing associated credit risk.
We may disclose your information to any person in Rentific for purposes of business or as required for business operations and functions. Your information may be disclosed to third parties explicitly as following:
1) In the event that Rentific buys or sells a business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the buyer or seller of such business or assets on a need-to-view basis. Your information will be protected by appropriate security precautions during any such transfer.
2) If Rentific Inc. or substantially all of the assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Rentific about its customers may be one of the transferred assets. Data will be protected with appropriate security precautions during any such transfer.
3) In order: (i) to comply with any legal obligation (including reporting obligations under fraud, anti-money laundering, and counter terrorist financing law); (ii) to order, enforce or apply the Terms of Service or your written agreement with us; (iii) to order, enforce or apply provisions of any agreement with you; or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rentific, our customers, or others.
4) For the purpose of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and to prevent and monitor for money laundering.
5) In the event of a third party providing services to Rentific that facilitate the provision of our services to you.
6) Pursuant to a valid request or subpoena from law enforcement, regulators, or other government body.
7) With your permission.
We will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid through our website, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Because Rentific is an online service directed towards individuals who have rental and other commitments, Rentific.com is directed toward a general audience and is not intended to be used by any children or minors under the age of 18. We therefore do not knowingly collect personal information about anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete the information from our records.
Rentific or our payment partner, Synapsepay, requires information from you in order to verify your identity. We ask you for an image of a government ID and a selfie. These images are forwarded to our payment partner, synapsepay. This is used to verify your identity to prevent wire fraud. The selfie ensures that you, the individual on the drivers license, is the same person submitting this documentation. We pass this data on to our payment partner and encrypt or delete it on our server. We do not share this with anyone. This data is maintained on our server and does not leave our server, or it is deleted outright. Social security numbers are transmitted to our payment partner for identification purposes and is not saved at all on our system. We need to know your banking information to facilitate the rent payment transfer between renter and landlord. Rentific and our payment partner give you two options to provide this information, a direct bank account login or routing and account numbers verified by microdeposit. Rentific does not save or see your bank account information. We completely understand your concerns and we offer bank login as a courtesy option for a faster link to your bank information. We do not see it or save it in any way. Your last 4 account number is provided dynamically by our payment processor, Synapsepay, and is not stored on the Rentific website.